Dysport Type A contains the active substance Clostridium botulinum type A toxin-haemagglutinin complex.
Dysport Type A (2x500Units)
What Dysport is used for:
Dysport is used in adults to treat muscle spasms:
- Around the eyes
- In the face
- In the neck
- In the arm and shoulders
- In the leg
Dysport Type A is also used in adults to treat:
- Hyperhidrosis. This is a condition where there is excessive sweating of the armpits, which interferes with daily living.
Dysport is used in children (aged two years or older) with cerebral palsy to treat muscle spasms in the legs, to improve their walking.
How Dysport works:
Dysport contains a toxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. It works by stopping your muscles from contracting. It does this by stopping the release of a chemical that acts between the nerves and muscles that makes the muscles contract. This helps to reduce abnormal muscle contractions known as spasms.
2. What you need to know before you are given Dysport Type A
Do not use Dysport:
If you are allergic to botulinum toxin type A or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in section 6).
Warnings and precautions:
There are increased risks of having Dysport injections under any of these circumstances.
Talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse before using Dysport if:
- You have problems swallowing
- You have any history of bronchitis, pneumonia or problems with breathing
- You have had an allergic reaction to a botulinum toxin in the past
- You have other problems or diseases that affect your muscles e.g. myasthenia gravis
- You bleed easily
- You have an infection where the injection will be given or if that area is swollen.
Buy more from our shop